Heads and Statues at the Oxford Oratory
The screen full of Saints behind the altar in St Aloysius Church was installed in about 1880 to the designs of the original architect, John Aloysius Hansom. Over the next twenty years statues were inserted, as and when parishioners paid for them. In 2008, the screen and statues were restored, once more with the generous help of parishioners. This commemorative book features photographs of each of the 72 newly-restored statues, and a life of the saint each one represents.
Please note that all sales are through third parties. The Oxford Oratory is not responsible for the content of external sites.