Safety Measures in Church
Our church remains open and Masses, Vespers and confessions continue as normal. The church remains open between Masses for private prayer each day.
The new government guidance for places of worship was published this week. Most of the guidance remains the same, except for guidance about choirs, which are now limited to three singers. From this Sunday, there will be no music at the 9:30 Mass. A smaller choir will continue to sing at the 11:00 Mass.
When visiting the church, please continue to observe the following guidance:
- Do not attend if you have any flu or cold-like symptoms or have been advised to shield.
- Seating at the busier Masses on Sunday will be allocated by stewards. Please allow the stewards to show you to your place in church.
- Parents must keep their children with them at all times, and not allow them to run around the church. The Porter’s Lodge will be open for parents and small children if needed.
- Face-coverings are mandatory, except for those with a medical exemption. The regulations state that if exempt from a face-covering, a person must maintain a 2 metre distance from others. Our seating capacity is calculated based on 1 metre plus, so if you cannot wear a mask, please do not come to the busier Sunday Masses but attend either the Saturday Vigil Mass or the Sunday 12:30pm Mass.
- Keep at least 1 metre from members of other households.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided on the way in and out of the church, and before and after confession.
- Follow the instructions of the priest and stewards at Communion time, and follow the one-way system (up the centre aisle and return via the side aisles). Please stay in your place until asked to move by a steward.
- Congregational singing is still not allowed at the 11am Mass or at Vespers.
- Please do not congregate in the forecourt at all after Mass.