England successfully rededicated as Our Lady’s dowry. #oxfordoratory #rededicationathome @behold2020
View on Instagram
The rededication of England as Mary’s dowry is still taking place across the country today, in a slightly lower key format than originally planned. Join us in the dedication as we say the Prayer for England after Benediction this evening. #oxfordoratory
Observant followers will have noticed that we’re not streaming from the church! Instead we’re in the Guild Room that connects to the Porter’s Lodge (and has WiFi!). The room was originally built as another classroom for the primary school, and then became a meeting room for parish guilds (hence the name). It now serves as a small chapel that can be used for Mass with a small group, and it’s where the Fathers and Brothers meet every evening for ‘Oratory’ — the way of praying that St Philip taught his followers in Rome 500 years ago. #oxfordoratory
Mass intentions can now be booked online! To book a Mass follow these simple steps:
- Go to www.oxfordoratory.org.uk/donate, which will take you to our PayPal donations page. You don’t need to have a PayPal account — you can pay by card without signing up.
- Choose how much you would like to offer as a stipend.
- Select ‘Mass Intention’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click ‘Donate’ (if you have a PayPal account) or ‘Donate with a card’ (if you don’t have a PayPal account).
- In the box that says ‘Write a note (optional)’, fill in the name of the person or the intention for which you would like a Mass to be offered.
- Complete your payment details, and you’re done!
There isn’t currently a way of co-ordinating online bookings, which means we can’t guarantee bookings for a particular date. If you would like a Mass to be said on a particular day, you can enter this in the note with your intention and we’ll do our best, but please be aware that the Mass may be said on another date.
If you prefer to do things the old-fashioned way, you can also book Masses by writing a cheque to ‘The Oxford Oratory’ together with a note of the Mass intention and your contact details, and posting it to us at: Mass Intentions, The Oratory, 25 Woodstock Road, Oxford. OX2 6HA.
A number of people have also asked how they can continue to give to the weekly collection. You can use the same steps as above to make a one-off or recurring donation. Just select ‘Weekly Collection’ from the drop-down menu. There’s no need to write a note for this, but we’ll be happy to hear from you if you do! PayPal will also process Gift Aid and top up your donation by 25% if you are a UK tax-payer.
Alternatively, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a standing order form, or you can post a cheque addressed to ‘The Oxford Oratory’.